Folks in ancient Rome that was
Said in vino veritas;
Take a glass of wine and stay
Hear the words I have to say
You mistrusted passion's kiss
You are not alone in this
I fear my heart made you leave
Wearing it upon my sleeve
I looked forward to the day
When the both of us would pray
You asked to be left alone
I keep praying on my own
My prayer is a simple one:
God, please smile on what was done
In the name of love and life
Though we are not man and wife
It were never chastity
Still Lord, kindly let us be
In our thoughts and in our words
Let our sins fly off like birds
Hope may never see the light
In whose rays our souls unite
Yet when heart to passion dips
Soul meets soul on lovers' lips
Sometimes, if not always so.
I pray one day I will know.
It were paradise enow
But my glass is empty now
